Welcome to the Launceston Steam Railway - a narrow gauge steam railway running from the historic Cornish town of Launceston, through the glorious Kensey Valley, to the hamlet of Newmills.Follow @LauncestonSR
Local's Week - 12th-17th May - click here for more details!
- Five mile round trip along the old North Cornwall Railway
- All trains hauled by Victorian Steam Locomotives from the Welsh mountain railways
- Explore the Vintage Transport and Machinery in the museum at Launceston Station
- Visit the Café for Cream Teas, and Hot & Cold Refreshments
- Browse in the well stocked Bookshop and Giftshop
- Use the trains to take children to the Newmills Farm Park, a popular separate attraction alongside Newmills Station.
- Discover the part-buried remains of Launceston's lost Priory
- Combine your visit with a look around Launceston, the rather curious town built around a Norman castle.
- Tickets valid for unlimited travel on day of issue. Family discount tickets available.
- Home of 'The Railway Rabbits' book series
Wet or dry Launceston and the Steam Railway make a great day out!